-->
Menu bar giving you trouble? Browse the blog categories here!

Please Note:

We are temporarily at LisaRaub.blogspot.com while we (my "web-design daughter," Sharon and I) work on a new website! Thanks so much for sticking with us!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Parenting Resources - A Very Helpful Book




Having three teens in the house at once is not a new situation for me.  My oldest three children were teens; it couldn't have been too long ago, but the time has slipped by.  Anyway, you would think I would know everything about young people there is to know by now.  But I don't.

I find myself quite inadequate for the job.  Thankfully, there are some resources that have been a help to me.  In fact, if I had only had them when my oldest children were still in the home.

Hook, Line, and Sinker, by Cary Scmidt is an excellent book for parents and teens alike.  Unlike many people who write on the subject, Cary Schmidt has a lot of experience dealing with young people and parents alike.  His wise combination of experience and biblical knowledge works together to produce a volume which pinpoints many areas of weakness in the homes of today.

The most amazing thing is not that Satan uses the same tactics over and over with generation after generation of young people, but that, after all these years, the same tactics still succeed.  It seems to me that we should be paying closer attention to the Devil's deception and trying to thwart his plans.

Cary Schmidt outlines and exposes Satan's lies and deceptions, gives us ideas as to how to conquer his insidious attacks.  We've been going through his book as a family, and it has been a real eye-opener as well as an encouragment.

If you have any young people in your home and want to raise them for God, you would do well to have this book.

This article is purely my opinion, and there is no payment of any sort for my support of this book.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...