-->
Menu bar giving you trouble? Browse the blog categories here!

Please Note:

We are temporarily at LisaRaub.blogspot.com while we (my "web-design daughter," Sharon and I) work on a new website! Thanks so much for sticking with us!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Very Best Fish Recipe!!!

I make this recipe often, and my family simply LOVES it!  The only fish they had while growing up was just fish sticks, so I was quite brave to try to actually make fish that didn't come in a box.  What I came up with is a delicious fried fish recipe that everyone - even Jason - enjoys!!   






This recipe serves 6 of us, but you can adjust the quantities however you want.


Marinated Fried Talapia


2 pounds of talapia or some other mild fish
1-2 cups of olive oil or vegetable oil
1 t minced garlic
1/2 t Bragg Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
1/2 t Louisiana Hot Sauce (sounds crazy, I know, but it gives the meat a little bite!  ...and I don't mean you     biting it, either!)
Lawry's Seasoned Salt (to taste)


First, Make the Marinade:  Combine all ingredients in a gallon ziploc bag, then add the fish pieces.  (These should be thawed first, if possible.)  




 










Allow the fish to sit in the marinade for at least 30 minutes.  Then, when you're ready to cook, you can try this new trick I discovered the last time I made marinated fish - if you drain the marinade into a cup (to throw out the back door later) then your fish will not be dripping too much.



Then fry the fish, preferably in a non-stick teflon pan, for about 3 minutes per side.  I usually look to see if it is done on the edges and only the middle is still pink when I turn it over.

Then, of course, EAT!  My family rants and raves over this fish . . . and they're really not much of fish eaters!

Try it!  You may find your family thrilled with it, and it's good for you, too!

How do you make fish in a way that your family enjoys?  Share a recipe or two with us!


Enjoying some high-quality protein for the journey,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...