-->
Menu bar giving you trouble? Browse the blog categories here!

Please Note:

We are temporarily at LisaRaub.blogspot.com while we (my "web-design daughter," Sharon and I) work on a new website! Thanks so much for sticking with us!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Creating a Worshipful Atmosphere in the Home





Being a first generation Christian, I spent my childhood immersed radioland.  The top 40 was a big part of my Saturday, and every other morning, my clock radio would wake me up to the tunes of The Beetles, Beach Boys, Doobie Brothers, and John Denver.  Of course, when I got older, these gave way to rock groups such as AC/DC, KISS, and Pink Floyd.  Needless to say, my mind was full of all sorts of music that held me back in my Christian life.

It was a wonderful day when the Lord convicted me to stop listening to secular rock music, but then I turned to Christian rock!  It was the same ol' tune, but different words.  I must say that it was better, but the music I listened to was so close to the other wicked music that there seemed to always be a radio on in my head.  It wasn't until I began replacing rock music - in any form - with godly, melodious music, that I began to have victory in my thought life.

In the home, the music is the heart.  If we have raspy, demanding, irritated music playing in the home, how do you think the little children will behave?  How would we respond when milk is spilled, or when our husband asks us to pour him a cup of tea?  Can it be that selfishness is piped into our homes through the radio, strengthening our sinful natures, and causing all kinds of heartache?  Perhaps.

Worshipful music should be played regularly throughout the home.  "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in  your heart to the Lord."  Ephesians 5:19



I heartily recommend Majesty Music for the whole family!  They carry all sorts of beautiful music, tastefully arranged.  They have choir CDs, instrmental CDs, heartwarming CDs, and of course Patch the Pirate, the sea-going godly Christian who takes his crew through many adventures while teaching biblical character and principles.  

The tunes are very catchy, and encouraging to the Christian who wants to live for God and train a family for Him.



You can even go to Majesty Tunes, to actually download the music right to your computer.  That's even cheaper, and of course has great sound quality as well.

Singing as we go on our journey,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...