-->
Menu bar giving you trouble? Browse the blog categories here!

Please Note:

We are temporarily at LisaRaub.blogspot.com while we (my "web-design daughter," Sharon and I) work on a new website! Thanks so much for sticking with us!

Monday, June 13, 2011

A Three-Mile Mark!



 

Did you hear the "Wahoo!" over here in Michigan?? I jogged for THREE MILES today!!
I had done it once before, on my 46th birthday, but I hadn't run three miles since. I wasn't sure I could do it. But I've been experimenting with long, slow runs, rather than short fast ones, and then increasing my time every week.
Today, as I neared the end of my thirty-five minutes (I know – it's terribly slow, but that's the pace I go), I was at two and three-fourths miles. I simply couldn't let the three-mile mark stay out of reach, so I just kept going! It was only one more lap anyway, but I did it!!
And yes, I am one and a half years older.
It feels sooooo good to be able to do that, especially at my age.
Thank You, Lord, for the strength to jog three miles today! J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...