-->
Menu bar giving you trouble? Browse the blog categories here!

Please Note:

We are temporarily at LisaRaub.blogspot.com while we (my "web-design daughter," Sharon and I) work on a new website! Thanks so much for sticking with us!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

When We Are Broken


In our house, small as it is and as many people as there are, it’s inevitable that something gets broken.  Hopes are dashed, forceful words are flung, and hearts are broken.

“It is impossible but that offences will come  . . .”

My daughter’s precious possession is splattered across the floor.  Her pride and joy lay in a heap, and her heart was grieved.

Sometimes things get broken, splattered, dashed. 

Pieces lie scattered.  Can the loved article be fixed?



Maybe.  Maybe not.




We take it to Him who can make all things new . . .

I take the beautiful plant out of the heap, and gently place it in its new home.




 The cleanup is not difficult, but the pain in my hand attests to the fact that there is a price to be paid. 

And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.  (Zechariah 13:6)



My daughter’s eyes glow when she sees her loved plant.  “Thank you so much, Mommy!  It’s so beautiful now!”  It was broken . . . so that it could be made new.

I may not like it much, but I know that it’s OK to be broken.  Jesus can make us new.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...